Accept Cookies?
Provided by OpenGlobal E-commerce

Blackburn Chapel

Church MemorialsChurchyard PlansChurch PhotosWar MemorialsChurch historyChurch linksConservation ProjectParish Newsletter
Blackburn ChapelChancelEast WindowNaveNorth AisleSouth AisleOld PhotosChurch BellsChurch ClockOutsideIn the Snow

 The chapel, now known as the Blackburn Chapel, was built in the 16th century by extending the south aisle. The stonework of the original south aisle east window was probably re-sed to form the Chapel south window. The tomestone of Elizabeth Blackburn of the adjacent Blackburn Hall, who died 1688/9, aged 23, is in the floor here.